Being aware, conscious, present…is something that you cannot delegate or outsource. It takes conscious effort. I am personally on an incessant journey towards awareness. Prayer and meditation have helped tremendously; reading and journaling have too.
And sometimes it’s not you, it’s them. You’ve surrounded yourself or placed yourself in situations that quite frankly are just toxic.
The Dalai Lama lists some of the things that may be robbing you and your efforts from becoming more aware. If you find yourself in any of these situations, I hope you can place yourself in the space where you’re able to release them:
1. Let go of people who only come to you to complain, gossip, fear and have judgement of others. If someone is in search of a can to dump their garbage in, make sure it’s not your head.
2. Keep your promises. If you haven’t been able to deliver on a promise, ask yourself why you are resisting. You can always change your mind, but renegotiate the terms of the initial promise offering an alternative and apologize. The easiest way to avoid breaking a promise is saying no in the first place.
3. Delegate what is possible and dedicate your time to the things you enjoy doing. I used to wear the ‘control freak’ badge proudly. With time I’ve realized that I wasn’t giving myself permission to do the things I really enjoyed, so I was wasting a ton of time.
4. Give yourself permission to rest. When you need to but, also take action in a moment of opportunity. Nature has different rhythms, life does too. Not acting when you’re supposed to drains you of energy, but not resting when you need to, does as well.
5. Nothing robs you of more energy than a disorganized space or keeping a space full of things you do not need. One by one, pick up each piece of paper, each memory, even each one of your dreams and decide.
6. Make your health and well-being a priority. If your body isn’t working properly, there’s not much you will be able to do. Get out in the sunlight, meditate, breathe, exercise in nature, listen to your body.
7. Confront toxic situations that you’ve been avoiding. From ‘rescuing’ a friend or loved one to an abusive partner or coworker, take the necessary action. Tolerating a situation that you can change only drains you of more energy.
8. Accept. It’s not tolerance, but if you cannot change it hand it over to God or your higher power. You can always choose your own path and to detach yourself from a situation you cannot control.
9. Forgive. Let go of a situation that may be causing you pain. You can always choose to leave pain in the past.
10. Connect yourself to your higher power. Fear, grudges and anger are the biggest energy suckers. Release yourself from the pain.
Focus on the present. Living in the past or in the future will drain you from living today. Don’t rob yourself of the beautiful journey that is your life made up of every second, every minute, every day…and YOU decide how you choose to spend each one.
Here’s to living fabulously Chica!
Do you have a question? PLEASE, let’s connect HERE or leave me a comment below!
Want more of this fabulousness? Sign up for my FREE newsletter, HERE.